While the Near East has some of the earliest recorded evidence of cooking meat on skewers, every culture has some form of “food on a stick.”
Skewers are available in various lengths, widths and styles, but the most popular materials used are stainless steel and wood. More often than not, what is sold as “wood” is probably bamboo. Metal skewers have one added virtue over wood or bamboo in that as they cook, heat is transferred through the center of the meat.
Whether you are cooking meats like chicken or pork souvlaki, shrimp, beef, steak, ham, or lobster kabobs, you can prepare them using a searing high heat and know that the meat will cook quickly and evenly on the inside before it burns on the outside.
With a metal skewer, the flat, wide blade style is most preferred. They provide a secure, stable hold on the food as it cooks, plus they infuse more heat into the center of the food. They are best suited for big chunks of meat or vegetables.
The flat surface makes these BBQ skewers ideal for use in more open air grilling environments, not limiting them to the standard backyard barbeque. In a nod to tradition, you can arrange bricks or stones around an open fire and lay the kebabs evenly on the bricks and directly over the heat. For the more sophisticated BBQ’er, you could use our innovative and versatile Kebab Rack instead.
These flat, sturdy extra wide skewers look and cook even better. Chunks of beef or pork, fish, even wet vegetables, like tomatoes and mushrooms won’t slip or spin as they do on conventional wood or metal skewers. Turn these BBQ skewers without worrying about losing food. And unlike ordinary wood skewers, these all-metal handles won’t burn and break.
Each skewer measures 3/8 inch wide by 17 inches long. Hand washing will extend the skewers’ life but may also be cleaned safely in a dishwasher.
Please note: Metal skewers get VERY hot during use, so don’t attempt to flip them using your bare fingers.
- COOKS QUICKER & MORE EVENLY – The flat, wide steel transfers the heat through the center of the meat/vegetable, allowing you to use searing high heat, and cooking your kebabs/kabobs quickly and more evenly, from the inside out, and locking in the juices for a tastier meal. These are must have BBQ tools for every seasoned griller.
- FOOD WON’T SLIP – Common wood skewers pose all sorts of problems. They burn, splinter, & fall apart while you’re cooking your kabobs. However, these skewers are flat, durable, and extra wide & are designed to hold a lot of food, and fit perfectly on our Kebab Rack. Chunks of beef, pork, fish, fruit and even wet vegetables like tomatoes and mushrooms won’t slip or spin as they do on conventional wood or metal skewers. Rotate these kebab skewers without worrying about losing food on the grill.
- HOW TO MAKE GREAT KEBABS – In theory, meat on sticks is an awesome idea…fast to cook, easy to eat, and totally open to great flavor possibilities. But far too many kebabs fall flat, coming out dry, tasteless, and nowhere near their full potential. Your BBQ skewers come with an eBook guide, detailing the best cuts of meat to use, and how to cook them correctly, so that you can treat your family, friends, and neighbors to a succulent meal that they’ll never forget.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY – Made with superior quality materials, we stand behind our products 100%, and offer a free upgrade to a lifetime limited warranty. Buy from us with peace of mind knowing that if you ever have an issue with your BBQ skewers, you can return them for a full refund or receive replacements.
- CUSTOMER FOCUSED – With a top-tier, highly accessible and responsive customer support team, our integral focus is that your experience with our brand and products is OUTSTANDING. We are a trustworthy, dependable company, and centered around serving our customers. Any questions or concerns are handled quickly and with the utmost importance.
Click Here For More Information