The mildly sour-tasting yogurt, kiselo mlyako (sour milk) is undoubtedly the best and the healthiest of all dairy products that are available to consumers nowadays. The western world calls it Bulgarian yogurt but in its homeland, Bulgaria, it’s called sour milk. Whatever the name, this wonderful probiotic food has impeccable ancestry – it is believed to have been known for at least 4000 years. For yogurt to be considered of the Bulgarian variety, it needs to be made with two specific starter bacteria, Lactobacillus bulgaricus and Streptococcus thermophilus. It is the particular combination of bacteria that characterizes the thickness, acidity, taste and aroma of the yogurt. Kiselo mlyako’s uniqueness lies in the peculiarities in the climate of the region and the very specific way in which it is prepared – using a combination of the two strains: Lactobacillus Bulgaricus and Streptococcus Thermophilus. The Streptococcus Thermophilus bacteria goes into action first and prepares the perfect environment for Lactobacillus Bulgaricus, which in turn starts multiplying and slowly turns the milk into yogurt. People who have tasted yogurt from a dozen countries outside the Balkans always find that none of them tastes anything like the Bulgarian variety. Bulgarians completely agree that their yogurt is the best – some 400 000 tons are consumed every year in the country. Their antimicrobial activity contributes to the processes of maintaining the healthy balance of all necessary micro-organisms for the digestive tract. They also helping in the processes of eliminating bad cholesterol, detoxifying and anti-cancerogenic overall effect, as well as immune system booster.
- Contains blend of live active Bifidobacteria like ”Bifidobacterium bifidum”, ”Bifidobacterium infantis”, ”Bifidobacterium longum”, ”Bifidobacterium breve”, ”Bifidobacterium adolescentis”
- Contains live active bacteria like “Lactobacilluss Bulgaricus” and “Streptococcus termophiluss”,
- One sachet is enough to make between 1-5 litre of plain yogurt
- Every single sachet of this mild flavour yogurt starter can be serial cultured
- Use with all yogurt-making appliances