Myth or Not? Many people ask if it is true that the famous Lactobacillus Bulgaricus bacterium is found only in Bulgaria. The correct answer is no – you can grow the bacteria in different parts of the world (in fact many people do). What is unique about the Bulgarian strain is that only in Bulgaria it preserves its qualities in further generations of the same strain, i.e. if you use your previous yogurt to start your new batch. If this is how you make your yogurt outside Bulgaria, you will notice that after a batch or two, the yogurt loses its unique taste, physical appearance and qualities. Why this happens, scientists are not sure. It is often contributed to the unique climate of the region but there’s more to creating the perfect conditions for Lactobacillus Bulgaricus than the environment. So how can you prepare Bulgarian yogurt abroad? The answer is simple – use a dried-freeze yogurt starter culture with live Lactobacillus Bulgaricus that was produced in Bulgaria. Use a new culture with every batch of yogurt you make to preserve the unique taste and qualities of the yogurt. In this way you can achieve the traditional taste of kiselo mlyako (кисело мляко) similar to the one our grandmothers used to make, guaranteed.
- Use with all yogurt-making appliances
- Contains live active bacteria like ”Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. Bulgaricus” and ”Streptococcus thermophilus”
- One sachet is enough to make 1 quart of plain, slightly tart in taste yogurt and re-cultured after
- Suitable for vegetarians and SCD diet
- Pure bacterial blend of cultures made in laboratory environment away from additives, maltodextrin, gluten and GMO